Thursday, February 12, 2009

Beef stir fry

Tonight I used basically the same recipe that I posted for the slow cooker pepper steak except I left out the peppers and onions. We are going to have stir fry with it. I'll cook up some jasmin rice which I buy in bulk from Sam's Club. My friend, Julia, introduced me to it and it is WONDERFUL! I've never been very good at cooking rice (it always stuck) so I mostly used Minute Rice. Jasmin rice is very forgiving though so it's harder to mess up. I did use it in soup once though and I found that it sort of falls apart. Anyway, we'll have the beef over some rice and I'm just going to cook some frozen stir fry veggies. I'd rather eat fresh, but this way is less work and easier on my diseased hands.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have the P.C. Rice cooker? It is fool-proof for making rice! And mashed potatoes.

    ReplyDelete