Monday, February 2, 2009

Porcupine Meatballs- my Grandma's recipe

This is a childhood favorite that my mom and my grandma both made. I've made it a couple of times, but the meatballs have always fallen apart. Well, I asked my grandma about it and the problem is that my recipe says to stir them often. She said do not stir them- I always kind of wondered about that!


1 lb ground beef
1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
1 slightly beaten egg
1 Tbsp parsley
2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
1/2 tsp salt
dash pepper
1 can tomato soup (divided)
1/2 cup water
1 tsp worcestershire sauce

Combine meat, rice, egg, parsley, onion, salt, pepper, 1/4 can tomato soup and mix together. Shape into 20 small balls and place in skillet. In separate bowl mix remaining ingredients. Pour over meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 40 minutes.

This is a great comfort food meal with some mashed potatoes and green beans!

2 comments:

  1. Anthony's grandma gave us this recipe when we got married! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried this recipe and it was very good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete