Saturday, January 31, 2009

Monster Pancakes

Not sure where I came up with this name, but it works. Atleast it did until a certain little girl figured out what makes them blue! I "hide" fruits and veggies quite often in our food. Honestly I don't understand how anyone can NOT love blueberry pancakes, but some kids just have a texture issue. So one day in an attempt to get Kate to like them, I decided to mash the berries in my food processor first. It also helps with the problem I was having with the pancakes not cooking evenly due to the large berries. Since they were blue I called them monster pancakes- you know, because monsters are blue! We'll have some scrambled eggs and turkey bacon with it. Oh, and no I don't have a special pancake batter recipe. It's called Bisquick. Healthy, I know. Leftover pancakes are always great with peanut butter on them- don't knock it till you try

No comments:

Post a Comment