Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Spaghetti

I know some of you were concerned that we didn't eat last night- we did. I had "girls night out" with some friends. The family, however had Kate's favorite meal. She could probably eat a whole package of spaghetti if I let her! And our version is no frills-

boxed whole wheat pasta
canned spaghetti sauce
bagged salad
bread- either the frozen kind you pop in the oven or a nice loaf of french bread (when I'm feeling ambitious I'll mix up some minced garlic with some olive oil and parmesan cheese, spread it on the bread, wrap in foil, and warm it in the oven)

I don't think this really needs any explaining! Most people have their own idea of what spaghetti should be like and this is ours. Once in awhile I'll add some frozen meatballs or some browned italian sausage, but my kids and my husband actually prefer boring chunkless sauce from a jar- yes, even over HOMEMADE sauce. Go figure. I won't complain though because it's cheap and easy.

We are big fans of olive oil around here and I always like to add some to the pasta right after I drain it. I think some people even put the oil right in the cooking water which keeps the pasta from sticking.

No comments:

Post a Comment