Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thai experiment- my sister's "recipe"

I've only had Thai food a couple of times and it was wonderful! I feel sort of like a slacker for attempting to make Thai from a box, but my sister showed me this product and it looks like it's worth a try!

I'm using Thai Pavilion brand Pad Thai, but I know there are different brands. And the directions are on the box so I don't really feel the need to type them when you'll have to buy the stuff if you're going to make it and then you can read your own box. Supposedly the prep time is 10-15 minutes, but I tend to think that's a lie. I'm going to add chicken- the box says to use chicken, beef, shrimp, pork, or tofu. And you'll also need bean sprouts (I bought the canned kind- are you surprised? I didn't think so), water chestnuts (which as a child I called water crescents)- again from a can. And scallions, which I am skipping, oil, and egg.

I'll try to let you know how it goes!

1 comment: